Status

Jan 3, 2008

Half Mile!

Today I ran a half a mile WITHOUT STOPPING! Of course, now I feel like a 90 year old lady walking around, but it felt sooo good at the time!!!!! Then I took a break and walked for a bit, then did some interval speed running (which consisted of me alternating between walking and running for a minute or so at about 5.5mph-6.5mph). I finished the whole mile in 15:20, which is a whole minute shorter than what I was doing a few weeks ago. Now if I could just get rid of that darn leg cramp!

I also ate within my calorie range, got my 5 fruits & veggies, and drank 8 glasses of water. Seriously, if you're not used to drinking so much water, it's a LOT of water!

Yummy dinner idea (this is what we had tonight):

Taco Bake:

Brown lean ground beef in a frying pan. Once browned, add half a packet of taco seasoning and a jar of thick and chunky salsa. Mix well over heat. Remove from heat and stir in a can of low-sodium cream of chicken (could use mushroom, I just don't like mushrooms) soup.

Grease a 9X13 dish and place a layer of flour tortillas down (may have to break them to get them to fit). Add half the beef mixture. Place another layer of tortillas down and top with remaining beef mixture.

Sprinkle a cup of reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese on top and bake at 350 for about 20 minutes, or until bubbly.

Rice - I used Uncle Ben's Spanish style rice and it was excellent. Easy to make too - just pop the bag in the microwave!

Another day smoke free! That's 3 whole days now!

No comments: