New milestone today - I ran 3/4 of a mile without stopping. And I've managed to get my base running speed at 5mph (I used to only be able to go 4.5 mph, but now that seems slow). After 3/4, I slowed down to catch my breath and take a sip of water. Then I pumped up the speed to over 6 mph to make up a little of the time. I managed to complete the mile in 12:41.
My husband thinks the reason I keep getting leg pain is because of the way I land. Apparently I land flat-footed. I never really paid much attention, so I guess I should check that out. I'd probably be able to do more (distance wise) if I didn't cramp up so bad.
Tonight I heated some froze chili (my "famous" really really hot turkey no bean chili) and we had that over some pasta for dinner. YUM!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment