Status

Jan 18, 2008

Bummer

I'm pretty sure I need to either get some new batteries for my scale, or just get a new one. When I got on it, it weighed me a lot higher than last week, but before I even had time to freak out, it said ERROR. Then I got on again, and it did the same thing. So, no weigh in for me. I could probably use the scale at the gym, but it won't be as accurate in relation to the scale at home because it's a different scale and I won't get on it until the end of the day, after I've eaten, etc. Compared to getting on first thing in the morning. What a bummer. Maybe it's for the best - maybe I gained a lot of weight and some higher power doesn't want me to get discouraged.

Gym was good last night. I forgot to bring my gym pants, so I ended up in my jeans (good thing I wore jeans to work and not dress pants!). So, I didn't run or anything. I did all arms, chest, and back, and I HURT today. At least I know I did something.

And, the even better news is that I am wearing a sweater today that I haven't worn since 2003 (admitting that may make me seem unfashionable, but it's just a regular sweater with a turtleneck). It's an XL from Gap that has been tight ever since my first year of law school. And now it fits once again!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Hey you!! Wow, you go girl!! I'm so proud (and jealous at the same time lol) of you! It makes me feel more motivated to get my ass at the gym and working out again. I just wish my schedule was regular enough to get it done, but with the job issues, it's hard to tell where I'm going to be in a few months. But hell, it's motivation enough to get me to at least walk a few times a week! Keep up the good work - I know you can do it! :)

Unknown said...

I saw you post a link to this blog in your facebook. I'll probably check in time to time. And wow, 20 lbs! NO SMALL FEAT! I'm trying to lose 10 and that's been feeling insurmountable! ;) Stay strong, especially in the fact of cream cheese frosting (I totally would have buckled, too!)

PS - verification word was "orugr" which is the sound my stomach makes when I think about cream cheese frosting. Ha ha.